Saturday, July 28, 2007

Due Date Plus Five

My appointment with the CNM yesterday went well. The news: everything looks normal and well, the baby will be here any day (I knew this already, but hearing it from the midwife is encouraging), and I am three centimeters dilated. If our baby has not arrived by next Friday, August third, a non-stress test and ultrasound will be performed. We are, of course, hoping that things not reach that point, however. With the lack of contractions I am experiencing right now, perhaps our baby will come tomorrow or Monday. J.R.'s guess was for Sunday or Monday anyway, as Sunday is the full moon. My grandmother thought that tomorrow would be a special day for me to have the baby, as it was her mother's birthday.

J.R., our parents, and I have been receiving phone calls and emails all week inquiring on the status of our baby. No news yet, but, we assure you: we will let you know when there is news to report.

No comments: